Module 1: Introduction to Palliative Care (5 Weeks)
Learning Objectives: At the end of this module, the participants will be able to:
- Identify the concept of palliative care and its role in management of illness
- Apply the principles of palliative care to manage pain by pharmacological and non-pharmacological approaches
- Understand the challenges of breaking bad news
- Recognize factors contributing to the prognosis of various life limiting illnesses, recognize EOL and trajectory events referred to as actively dying or imminent death
- Define code status and understand principles of DNA CPR
- Making the decisions about commencing an end of life care plan.
This is a certificate course in Palliative Care.